Last week Jack, coach Bonds, and I decided to take a trip into Braunau after our morning lift and feast at the lokschuppen. We biked into town and checked a couple places for ice cream, miscellaneous things, and above all else exploring the town. The town is about a 15 min bike ride from the hotel and a five minute ride from the lokshoppen and gym.
One notable place we went to was the house Adolf Hitler grew up in. Outside there is a large rock that says something along the lines of "may we never forget our awful decision to follow a dirtbag like Hitler again, or be apart of the greatest genocide in the history of the human race". I agree with their statement. I also had a few pictures snapped outside of hitlers house giving the thumbs down, a suck it sign, while cautiously being aware of who was watching etc. But come on. If you had the chance to do so too and no one saw, wouldn't you? I mean that guys name is synonymous with Satan and definitely wins the asshole of the millennium award for being such a turd mongering scumlord. And what was up with that mustache? Gross!
Anyway, we saw some guys slap boxing the bejesus out of one another at a food stand for like 10 min so that was cool I guess. We also took some photos so there is documented evidence that I indeed did go these places which I'm sure I'll appreciate later lol the most exciting part about the day was that I went into a second hand store about 500 meters from the German-Austrian border, which is separated where I am located by a river called the inn. That is why my town is called Kirchdorf am inn because it means church town on the river. So, back to the second hand store and the reason for my excitement. I walk I the store because I'm curious about the price of a bike outside but all thoughts on the bike fled my head whe I saw a pair of authentic leiderhoisen on a rack to my left.
Ever since arriving in Kirchdorf just about everyone on the team, no, everyone I have met here have told me that I need to buy a leiderhoisen for the beerfests that occur in all the neighboring towns, including Kirchdorf! The average leiderhoisen costs about 200 euros which made me think, "ok, not buying one of those" lol So I pulled down this leader hosen, saw that it looks like it might just fit, and asked if I could try it on for size. When my one German friend told me it was too short and tight to me to buy, and the fact that they cost about 40 euros, I immediately fell in love with The leiderhoisen. And Why go to a beer fest looking like every other Joe smow when I can be that guy with the extremely tight leiderhoisen!? A true no brainer for me. But, I may need to drop a kilo or two to really fit them but they say leather stretches the more you wear it so I'm confident They'll be looking great when its time for my towns beerfest in a month or so. In the mean time I'll just sleep in them every night lol
Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment