Monday, May 9, 2011

The Munich Eunuchs

Today i was awoken by a couple teamates at my door to go on a trip I didn't remember agreeing to during our night of debauchery in our celebration of our first victory. It was 11 am and Jack and I remember going to sleep just a few hours ago. I was a lot more sore than expected from the one half of the game i played in and jack was feeling about the same. Who looked worse this morning is up for debate, me or jack, but what i can tell you is that bavarians do not get hangovers. But i think their secret is to drink a beer every hour on the hour, every day, 24/7, 365 lol. But we were off to Munich to watch a GFL 1 game between the platling Blackhawks and the munich cowboys.

The trains incentives passenger to travel in groups by making the price of a one passenger ticket the same price for 5 passengers to ride on one ticket. Three of the 6 players were take this train every Sunday to get back to Munich for school. For this reason, the fact that many players are school students, we only have practice 2 days a week on Tuesday's and Fridays so it can be manageable for the players to balance school and football. But the train ride was absolute tourture for me being more hungover and sleep deprived than some of the more epic performances I had in my college career.

After going the distance i bolted from the train to find the biggest bottle of water money could buy, and guzzled it along with my brunch  with the guys. We had brunch at a kabob place and let me tell you it  was just what the doctor ordered. we then took another train to Munich college.

The game was in Munich colleges stadium which was extremely well kept and funded. The level of player speed of play was much slower than i had previously expected. I would compare it to a low level d3 in terms of the speed, skill, And complexity of play calling. I actually have no doubt in my mind that my team has the aility to beat either team.

Jack and i were both in jeans on this hot day,dehydrated, hungover,  and saw the worst in anything and everything to bitch bout with one another. We said things like, " you know what would be a great idea do do after a night and morning of drinking? Sitting and watching a game in no shade, wearning jeans, and having to pay 3.5 euros for a .5 liter of water" lol. The game was enjoyable though and I was glad we sacked up and went out and explored  Munich. Even though for a few of those hours i swear I felt like i was at the gates of hell lol. Jack and I plan ongoing back there more often and preferably on days when we are not hungover. After the game we said our goodbyes to our buddies staying in muniche and got back on the train to head home to Kirchdorf.

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment